Plant Design Engineer
Company: Turnkey Processing Solutions
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Turnkey Processing Solutions (TPS) is a rapidly-growing company that specializes in complete plant systems for customers in the aggregate, mining, and material processing industries. Due to our tremendous growth, we have an outstanding opportunity for a Plant Design Engineer in our Hendersonville, TN office. This is a newly created position, and relocation is available to the right candidate.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Plant Design Engineer performs a variety of design activities including plant layout, equipment selection, design, calculation, detailed specifications for components, preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, and preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
- Applies experience to design appropriate bulk material processing plants for aggregates, sand, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
- Uses appropriate design validation software as needed.
- Create detailed drawings including dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts of the structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding project related work.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Required 5-10 years' experience in Mechanical Design
- Experience with plant design, bulk material conveyors, material processing and handling equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Bachelor's degree or completion of a technical school in mining, plus at least five years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Highly skilled in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Professional Engineer license a plus.
- A great place to work with a workforce that is committed to excellence.
- Casual culture with a prominent focus on adding value for the customer while eliminating waste.
- Open-minded atmosphere where new ideas are welcome.
It is the policy of TPS to provide Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship, or veteran status. Further, it is the policy of the Company to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
Keywords: Turnkey Processing Solutions, Hendersonville , Plant Design Engineer, Professions , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!