Lead Driver (non CDL)
Company: White Cap
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Click APPLY BELOW!
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Facilitates load management, including the accurate and
efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility.
Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes
deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective
manner. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes.
Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for
traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely
feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as
unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they
are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as
assigned. Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications If you're looking to play
a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities.
We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area Logistics Recruiter
Lanaro, Gabriela Req ID WCJR-014197 White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Qualified candidates, please click Apply below and complete all
steps that follow. It will take no more then 10 minutes on any
Keywords: White Cap, Hendersonville , Lead Driver (non CDL), Professions , Gallatin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!