Posted on: February 23, 2021
Company: -US0060 Sysco Nashville, LLCZip Code:37209Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of
Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage:
-0OVERVIEW:We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.JOB SUMMARYThis is a
warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet
jack, or forklift, to select the correct products, labeling product
using Sysco Order Selection (SOS) label technology, palletizing
product to build customer orders and delivering the product to the
dock safely and efficiently. This position requires working 6:00
p.m. until end-of-shift with all products accurately selected and
loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are
required to successfully fill customers' orders. The job requires
working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on
local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry,
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of
fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create
labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures
(for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out,
- Engage an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to transport
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set
forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 3 months' warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months' experience operating an electric pallet jack or
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry
- 18+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).Professional Skills
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established
through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift,
in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and
inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates
to the job and the safety regulations.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or
forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.Working
ConditionsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the
environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by associates within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of associates assigned to this job.Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.This
opportunity-is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Hendersonville , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!