Posted on: August 24, 2019
Job Purpose: The Systems Architect (SA) will perform technical
duties to include planning, implementation managing and
troubleshooting, a Microsoft Environment, VMware Farm, and Citrix
Farm. Tasks may also include design, deployment, and installation
of new software, system upgrades, patch installation, backups,
software/hardware problem resolution and various ad hoc requests.
- Systems Engineering and Provisioning
- SME for systems design, management, and escalation
- Engineering of enterprise systems/applications and related
solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new and/or rebuild existing Servers (Physical and
Virtual) including: configure hardware, peripherals, services,
settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards
and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible,
automated approaches for Citrix/system administration
tasks.Identify approaches that most efficiently leverage our
resources and provide economies of scale
- Plan, design, and execute new center integrations
- Operations and Support
- Maintain and manage related Active Directory environment
focusing on GPO driven policies, and user/group management, and
potentially cross-domain functionality, VMware, and Citrix support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file
systems and system data are successfully backed up to the
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Assist with scheduled and emergency systems/applications
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for incident resolution and
root cause analysis.
- Work with infrastructure team, application team and service
providers to ensure solid designs and solutions to maintain secure
and highly available systems.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Make recommendations on any server software maintenance,
patching, and performance tuning policies and procedures to ensure
optimal performance and availability.
- Create/Maintain operational, configuration, or other
- Perform periodic system performance reporting to support
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring
- Managing telecom vendor escalation to ensure maximum uptime for
- Interpret and/or discuss complex information with technical
resources or business owners effectively; regularly provide advice
and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Mentor other team members in the IT Department
- Responsibility for training of other engineers and developing
these training plans
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are
- Perform any other functions as required by management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 8 years industry experience.
- 7+ years experience in Windows Server, VMware, and Citrix
- Citrix 6.5 and above
- Windows Server (2008 R2 and above)
- Active Directory (2008 and above)
- Group Policy in an enterprise environment
- PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Certified Professional - MCSE 2008 or above
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and
weekends), as necessary.
- Superior analytical and statistical skills Other Desired Skills
- Citrix CCE-V
- Citrix CCP-N
- Security experience and credentials (ex: CISSP)
- VMware ESXi 5.5 to current
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 to current
- Veeam Backup Solution
- LANDesk/Ivanti - patch management
- Knowledge of healthcare IT systems Required Competencies Strong
leadership skills. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong
functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress
Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity.
Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on
multi-tasking.The Tennessean. Keywords: Software System Architect,
Location: Nashville, TN - 37203
Keywords: e+CancerCare, Hendersonville , Systems Architect, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!