Sr. Coding Compliance Specialist
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Xtend Healthcare is located just 20 miles north of Nashville,
Tennessee; Xtend provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects
which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy
cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as
well as coding and consulting engagements.
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from
critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient
beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital,
university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, is the nation's leading
loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining
forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the
strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and
leverage the parent company's large-scale business process
THIS POSITION IS A REMOTE POSITION.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Senior Coding Compliance
Specialist who will be responsible for accurately auditing the
coding (ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS, Level I & II modifiers)
of the following service types: facility inpatient, emergency room,
outpatient surgery, observation, ancillary, recurring therapy,
clinic, professional, and billing/coding edit resolution. Will be
working with multiple facility specific, state billing and coding
guidelines as well as various Medicare Administrative Contractors
1. Project Work.
a. Auditing of Facility Coding (Inpatient).
2. Record Keeping.
a. Completion of coder audit reports of accounts completed
b. Completion of Time Allocation reports daily.
c. Completion of weekly audit reports for assigned staff.
a. Identifies trends and reports to Coding manager.
b. Reports weekly statistics of audits completed.
c. Develop and coordinate education training programs regarding
- High School Diploma.
- Eight plus years of experience with coding and/or billing in
health care revenue cycle. This should include hospital and
- An understanding of healthcare billing practices and compliant
claims preparation for both governmental and commercial
- Electronic health record (EHR) expertise, including knowledge
of a variety of vendors.
- Specialty Coding Certifications: The following are recognized
professional certifications: Ambulatory Surgical Center (CASCC),
Anesthesia and Pain Management (CANPC), Cardiology (CCC),
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC), Chiropractic (CCPC),
Dermatology (CPCD), Emergency Department (CEDC), Evaluation and
Management (CEMC), Family Practice (CFPC), Gastroenterology (CGIC),
General Surgery (CGSC), Hematology and Oncology (CHONC), Internal
Medicine (CIMC), Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular
(CIRRC), Obstetrics Gynecology (COBGC), Orthopedic Surgery (COSC),
Otolaryngology (CENTC), Pediatrics (CPEDC), Plastics and
Reconstructive Surgery (CPRC), Rheumatology (CRHC), Surgical Foot &
Ankle (CSFAC), and Urology (CUC).
- Coding Certifications: The following are recognized
professional certifications: Registered Health Information
Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator
(RHIA); Certified Coding Associate (CCA); Certified Professional
Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC); Certified Inpatient
Coder (CIC); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Coding
Specialist Physician (CCS-P); Certified Professional Medical
Auditor (CPMA). Senior Coding Compliance Specialist team members
are required to possess at least one of the above professional
services coding certifications.
- Continuing Education Requirements: Medical coders shall
maintain the required continuing education hours in order to
maintain current and proper national certification(s) requirements
for this position.
- Coding Test. Pass a pre-employment coding test that is
provided, developed and administered by candidate management
instructions, with a score of 80% or higher.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Medicare and Local Medical
Review Policy Guidelines.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a
fast-paced environment required.
- Knowledge of inpatient and DRG coding.
- Knowledge of computing observation hours.
- Knowledge of coding infusions and injections.
- Knowledge of surgical coding.
- Knowledge of Evaluation and Management coding.
- Must be able to maintain the company accuracy rating of
- Must meet set weekly quota for productivity.
- Knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases,
Clinical Modification (ICD-CM); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding
System (HCPCS); and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems, including Prospective
Payment System (PPS); Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APCs);
and Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS).
- Practical knowledge and understanding of industry nomenclature;
medical and procedural terminology; anatomy and physiology;
pharmacology; and disease processes.
- Practical knowledge of medical specialties; medical diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures; ancillary services (includes, but is
not limited to, Laboratory, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy,
- Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when
data are limited, or solutions produce unpleasant consequences;
perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Utilize medical computer software programs to abstract,
analyze, and/or evaluate clinical documentation and enter/edit
diagnosis, procedure codes and modifiers.
- Clearly express information (for example, ideas or facts) to
individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience
and nature of the information.
- Display courtesy, empathy, and tact, developing and maintaining
effective relationships with others; effectively work with
individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed to resolve
differences; and be able to relate well to people from varied
backgrounds and in different situations.
- Work with internal and external customers to assess their
needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems,
or satisfy their expectations.
- Contribute to maintaining the integrity of the organization;
display high standards of ethical conduct and understand the impact
of violating these standards on an organization, self, and
- Be open to and embrace change and new information; adapt
behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing
conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with
uncertainty. Cooperate by willingly accepting new assignments and
forming relationships with customers/co-workers/supervisors.
- A high level of effort and commitment towards performing the
work, using efficient learning techniques to acquire and apply new
knowledge and skills; uses training, feedback, or other
opportunities for self-learning and development.
- Understand and interpret written material, including technical
material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts,
graphs, or tables; applies what is learned from written material to
specific situations. Working Excel knowledge.
- Attention to detail and completeness with a thorough
understanding of government rules and regulations, medical coding
and reimbursement guidelines, and potential areas of risk for
- Work planning is necessary in being able to understand
assignments and establish priorities. It is required that each
coder be able to look at his/her work load and determine priorities
for the day.
- Ability to respond to email or text correspondence in a timely
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background
checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are
federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this
position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the
future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background
check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and
suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or
sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local
contracts also may require additional background checks to
determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its
subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Navient, Hendersonville , Sr. Coding Compliance Specialist, Other , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!