Company: Freeman Webb Company
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description:Reports ToMaintenance Supervisor and/or Property
Manager Scope and PurposeMaintain all outdoor areas in a safe,
attractive condition. While the following information should be
considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should
also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be
specifically addressed. Freeman Webb Company, Realtors emphasizes a
team approach and fully expects every person to perform any
reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling
company objectives. Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all exterior plant material including, but not limited
to grass, trees, shrubs, plantings and flowers. Job includes
removal of weeds from shrubbery beds and dead plant material.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove
litter, debris, pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially
critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at
all times: pool areas, laundry rooms, mail rooms, dumpster areas,
recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of office,
walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily
basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfer to
dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Notify manager of any diseased, dying or dead landscape
- Be aware of chemical or fertilizing postings and signs.
- Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into
dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on
- Detail property on regular basis. Rake shrubs, shovel mud, when
necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clear of
loose grass and brush.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc.
Perform routine maintenance on property as requested.
- Clean and sweep dumpster areas and all outdoor recreational
- Use blower to keep sidewalks, curbs and walking areas clear of
loose grass and brush.
- Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed.
- Clean laundry room areas, if applicable.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Wear support belt at all times during working hours, use safety
equipment (goggles, masks and gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate.
- Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
- Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested.
- Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest
control notices, newsletters, etc.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Be aware of Freeman Webb Company, Realtors goals relative to
resident satisfaction and resident retention and ensure that you do
your part towards meeting them.
- It is the Groundskeeper's responsibility to know and adhere to
all federal, state and local laws as well as all policies and
procedures contained in the manuals issued by Freeman Webb Company,
Realtors or as communicated (verbally or in writing) to site
employees. Requirements:Knowledge, Abilities, and Other
QualitiesMust have a working knowledge of building maintenance.
Ability to work independently and willingness to learn. Must have
good communication abilities. Experience, Training, and EducationNo
formal training required, just a willingness to work and learn.
Equipment/Machinery/ToolsAn associate in this position must be
knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the
following tools: Hand Tools: various wrenches, grips, sledge
hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc. User-Moved
aids: wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks,
step ladders, full ladders, double ladders. Physical
RequirementsConstant need (66% to 100% of time) to be on feet. Have
constant need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following
physical activities: Example:Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel - Perform
routine maintenance/repairs, pick-up debris. Climb Stairs - Routine
duties require access to 2nd and 3rd floor apartments. Push or Pull
- Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc. Reach
Above Shoulders - Perform routine maintenance/repairs, paint, stock
and remove equipment. Climb Ladders - Perform routine maintenance
repairs. Grasp/Grip/Turning - Handle tools and equipment, perform
routine maintenance/repairs, phone Finger Dexterity - Handle tools
and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Lifting/Carrying (supplies, blower, ladders, etc.) Over 150 lbs.-
Rare need (less than 1% of time) Between 75-150 lbs. - Occasional
need (1% to 33% of time) Between 25-75 lbs. - Constant need (66% to
100% of time) Between 1-25 lbs. - Constant need (66% to 100% of
time) NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is
best accomplished with assistance from one or more persons.
Examples of heaviest items include washers/dryers, a/c units,
abandoned sofas, etc. Vision RequirementsConstant need (66% to 100%
of time) to observe areas needing attention/correction. Read
cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff.
Frequent need (33% to 66% of time) to see things clearly beyond
arm's reach. Observe and assist maintenance, observe problems
throughout property. Hearing RequirementsNot essential. Frequent
need (33% to 66% of time) to receive instructions from management.
Written instructions acceptable. Speaking RequirementsNot
essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of time) to ask questions
order supplies. Written instructions acceptable. Driving
RequirementsNone.Working EnvironmentConstantly outdoors, all
conditions, often for extended period (66% to 100% of time).
Frequently indoors (33% to 66% of time). Occasional exposure (1% to
33% of time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc. (Example -
apartments during/after make-ready, painting duties, etc.)
Occasional need (1% to 33% of time) to work in awkward or confining
positions. Reasoning DevelopmentApply common sense understanding to
carry out simple one to four step instructions. Deal with
standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from
standard procedures. PI216870619
Keywords: Freeman Webb Company, Hendersonville , Groundskeeper, Other , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...