Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Part Time
Company: NHC Hendersonville
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the
direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
Assists patient with activities of daily living, provides for
personal care, comforts and assists in the maintenance of a safe
and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
RN or LPN
Health - Ability to meet performance requirements.
Education and Training:
- Must be certified nursing assistant or currently enrolled in a
nurse aide training program.
- Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures
and develop skills and meet state requirements.
- Sensitive to our patients' physical and psychosocial
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capable of charting accurately in the Patient Care Record or
other similar form.
- Pleasant and cheerful personality.
- Tactful and courteous approach with patients and visitors.
- Treat all patient information as confidential material.
- Adhere to dress code as directed by center policy (see
Responsible for handling and caring for patients in a manner
conducive to their safety and comfort under the direction of
licensed nurses and patients' physicians.
- Able to be on feet 7-8 hours per day.
- Able to lift 60-70 lbs. on frequent basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat or twist frequently in a day.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory
and visual requests from patients.
- Able to speak clearly enough to adequately communicate with
patients who may be hearing impaired.
- Upper extremity mobility which does not impede fine motor
coordination and manual dexterity.
- Able to read and write so that center charting requirements can
- Report any medical conditions, such as communicable disease,
that might interfere with providing direct patient care.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Understands and practices universal precautions with all
- Performs all tasks/procedures included on assignment or reports
to charge nurse any tasks not completed.
- Assists in the preparation for admission of patients.
- Assists in and accompany patients in admission, transfer and
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, oral
hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed
linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening
room, and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care, which includes hands/face washing as
needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning
overbed tables, straightening room, and other general care as
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients;
lifting and turning patients; applying/utilizing special equipment;
assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; and ambulating the
patient using a gait belt.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight,
height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the center the Department
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit and
assists patients to activities.
- Turns and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no
rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns
with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
- Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an
RN or LPN.
- Ensures that patients are dressed properly and assists as
necessary. Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or
on hangers. Ensures that all patients are clean and dry at all
- Checks unit for adequate linen and supplies.
- Restrains patients properly when ordered. Understands reason
for restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if
- Accompanies patients to appointments as directed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares patients for meals and services, removes food trays
and assists with meals or feeds patients.
- Distributes drinking water, ice and other nourishments to
- Performs general care activities for patients in isolation,
adhering to the center's Infection Control Policies.
- Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs, and
makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other
personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses,
hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Collects and transports specimens as directed.
- Reports (and records when appropriate) any changes observed in
condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents.
- Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports
equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the
charge nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled
linen and stores supplies on the unit.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with
patients, family members, and other center personnel, while
assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Attends in-service education programs and participates in
Silver Chair Training, as assigned, to learn new procedures,
develop skills, etc.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies
and linen, and follows established charge procedures for patient
- Willingness to work with the realization that errors may have
serious consequences for patients.
- Patience and tact in dealing with patients.
- Review and practice the promises of NHC's Better Way
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive
- Subject to night, weekend and holiday duty.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with patients,
family members, and other center personnel, while assuring
confidentiality of patient information.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL DUTIES CONSIDERED
NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB AS
IDENTIFIED, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION
OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE
Keywords: NHC Hendersonville, Hendersonville , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Part Time, Other , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!