Area Sales Manager (ASM) I
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Performs a wide range of duties relating to the origination of
residential mortgage loans for Financial Center offices and outside
referrals. Meet standards and objectives defined by management for
personal mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assume
overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from
application to closing on personal production. In addition,
responsible for the overall production of the team and the
day-to-day management of each Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
Effectively partner with Fulfillment Operations to drive closed
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas
and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies
and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right
thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and
behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating
within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently
identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks
of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and foster referral source relationships (realtors,
builders, professional and personal contacts, etc.).
- Develop a sales culture and sales focused environment within
- Develop and foster relationships with Financial Center
personnel to build business and referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies
Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and
constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their
fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that
enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent
pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning;
recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Manage a team of at least 5 MLOs.
- Manage personal and team production via local and Bancorp
reporting and KPIs.
- Hold business plan reviews with sales team.
- Build strategic and tactical plans for driving volume growth in
- Participate in sales calls with MLOs.
- Assist departmental management in identifying possible
improvements in systems and procedures.
- Ensure that MLOs provide a high level of customer service to
external customers based on Gallup customer engagement data.
Actively participate in ongoing efforts to continually improve
customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor compliance issues, including that all loan originators
attend required meetings and are in compliance with state and
federal regulation, as well as policies and procedures set by the
- Monitor quality levels of loan originators to insure adherence
- Serve as an intermediary for loan issues with processing
manager and underwriting manager.
- Perform Human Resource tasks for the team, such as exception
time reporting, performance reviews, coaching, performance
management, commission administration and identifying training
- Recruit, hire, and train new loan officers.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Two/Four-year college
- 2-4 years residential mortgage sales experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of conventional, government, and portfolio
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting and
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, teamwork, and customer
- Must lead by example and have a high level of integrity.
- Ability to analyze policies, procedures, and guidelines in a
way that maximizes productivity but protects the level of risk
- In-depth sales technique/sales coaching skills.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, people, and diplomacy
skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and to be flexible.
- PC proficient in Windows based software programs (Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Mortgage origination
systems and automated decisioning tools required.
- Ability to motivate team, work independently, manage multiple
projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of
employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides
the MU4R questions and registration required foremployment in this
Area Sales Manager (ASM) I
LOCATION -- Hendersonville, Tennessee 37075
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an
engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal
employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of
race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran
status or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Hendersonville , Area Sales Manager (ASM) I, Other , Hendersonville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!